The average child will spend less than 40 hours in church each year. The average parent will get around 3000 hours with their child each year. As the parent, you have the greatest potential to impact the heart of your child. What happens at home in many ways is more important than what happens at church!
We encourage you to take what your kids are learning on Sunday Morning and talk about it all week long.
We make it easy to keep the conversation going:
- Your child will bring home a parent cue sheet each week. Parent cue sheets are written for you. They provide a review of the Sunday morning lesson, the monthly bible verse and quick tips to talk about these things. You can also find the elementary parent cues here.
- We can e-mail parent cues to you weekly. These parent cues include a review of what your child learned on Sunday morning, helpful parenting information, current JAM Kids news, and tips to keep the Sunday conversation going at home. Click here to enroll in our weekly parent cue emails:
- Get the parent cue app. The rethink group has designed an app specific to what we do on Sunday morning. This Parent Cue App provides you with simple cue throughout the week that remind you to pause and make the most of everyday moments. You will receive prompts for videos, activities, discussion questions and more that will help you connect with your child around the monthly virtue. The app is available for iOS devices and Android systems.
- Connect online.
Here are a few suggestions for using these resources at home:
- Help your child learn their memory verse each month.
- Read the bible story we talked about on Sunday with your children.
- Talk to them about the “Big Idea” or “Bottom Line” at dinnertime. Help them find ways to put it into action.
- Do one of the simple and fun hands-on activities we highlight each week.
- Pray with your children every night as you tuck them in.