The average child will spend less than 40 hours in church each year. The average parent will get around 3000 hours with their child each year. As the parent, you have the greatest potential to impact the heart of your child. What happens at home in many ways is more important than what happens at church!
We encourage you to take what your kids are learning on Sunday Morning and talk about it all week long.
We make it easy to keep the conversation going:
- Parent Cue Sheet: Your child will bring home a parent cue sheet each week. Parent cue sheets are written for you. They provide a review of the Sunday morning lesson, the monthly bible verse and quick tips to talk about these things.
- Elementary GodTime Devotionals: Your child will bring home GodTime devotional worksheets each week. These worksheets give you and your kids the opportunity to dig into God’s Word and apply the basic truths and life apps we are talking about each week. You can also find these and more activities on www.Studio252.tv.
- Preschool Placemat: Designed to sit on the table all month long, this placemat/play mat gives parents easy access to this month’s key question and bottom line, a place for preschoolers to draw it out, questions to ask each week, and hand motions to the Bible verse. Turn the mat over and discover a fun game or activity to play together. A new mat insert will be sent home the first Sunday of each month.
- Parent Cue App: The Rethink Group has designed an app that corresponds with what we teach on Sunday mornings. This Parent Cue App provides you with simple cues throughout the week that remind you to pause and make the most of everyday moments. You will receive prompts for videos, activities, discussion questions and more that will help you connect with your child around the monthly virtue. The app is available for iOS devices and Android systems.
- Parent Cue E-Mail: We can e-mail parent cues to you monthly. These parent cues include a look at what your child will be learning this month, helpful parenting information, current FC Kids news, and tips to keep the Sunday conversation going at home. Let us know if you are interested and we will add you to our mailing list.
- Connect online.
Here are a few suggestions for using these resources at home:
- Help your child learn their memory verse each month.
- Read the bible story we talked about on Sunday with your children.
- Talk to them about the “Big Idea” or “Bottom Line” at dinnertime. Help them find ways to put it into action.
- Do one of the simple and fun hands-on activities we highlight each week.
- Pray with your children every night as you tuck them in.